Condensation and Dampness Detection
Hidden moisture and dampness in concealed areas such as behind walls, under floors and above ceilings can become costly if the problem is allowed to manifest. In addition to this occupants of damp or mouldy buildings are at increased risk of experiencing respiratory symptoms, respiratory infections, allergic rhinitis and asthma.
What are the symptoms?
- Appearance of mould growth
- Musty smells in affected areas
- Damp patches on affected areas
Many early symptoms of condensation and dampness are largely invisible to the human eye as moisture is dependant on environmental conditions and tends to be cooler than many construction materials. However SOS Leak Detection is capable of detecting these problems using a combination of techniques.
What are the causes?
- Inadequate ventilation especially in bathroom area
- Water ingress due to blocked gutters, damaged roofs or unsealed holes in building fabric
- Badly sealed windows and doors